Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Filler...

     It's been a little longer then usual since my last post and that is mainly because I haven't really had the time. Work has been busy and,if you read this blog, you know that I basically live at work here. I have managed to get about halfway through chapter 2 and am pretty determined to finish it tonight. The juices are flowing well so hopefully I can keep em going once I get home tonight. I'm working the night shift tonight so that won't be until 9:40ish but I'm closing again tomorrow so I may very well just stay up late and hammer this thing out.
     I figured I'd also take this very uninformative "filler" post as a chance to explain to you the basis of my book project. I won't say too much but it is a fantasy story that I'm hoping will span across 3 books. It all takes place in the land of Farwin. Basically, the land is divided up into 8 different areas; run by 8 very different kings and housing 8 very different kinds of people. The story revolves around a young man named Milamor. He's kind of an outsider who gets swept up into having to stop an evil mage named Dreymor who has stolen an artifact that can summon an ancient darkness, thereby causing the end of the world as they know it...
     I don't exactly describe novels as a daily thing so forgive me if it's a little less informative then expected or a little underwhelming sounding but I guarantee it's a pretty deep and compelling project. The story contains a lot of action and adventure but that's just the surface. Underneath, lies a fascinating core, full of emotions and life. I'm really trying to focus on the relationships of the characters and how they can seem very different but come together for one another.
     Thanks again for reading the blog and, as always make sure to spread the word. If you like what you see, tell people about it. I know I could've really used someone to relate to back in high school when everyone was telling me not to pursue writing...If you're reading these, also make sure to follow and link the blog wherever you go!...

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I've been reading through these, and they're really good, but when you explained your story all I could think of was lord of the rings, like 1 artifact to destroy the world = the ring, 8 groups of people = all the races (elves,man,etc.) And the understory being Aragorn and his future with Arwen etc., 3 books = fellowship, two towers, return of the king. Sounds like the book will turn out good though, just stay original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mike, thanks for commenting. I can understand the feeling of comparison but I can assure you it is, in fact, quite different. I explained it pretty poorly but I have been writing and rewriting this thing for years to make sure it was as original as it could be...have faith. Maybe one day I'll post an actual thought out summary :)

    ReplyDelete